Our 2015 train ride days are now one Sunday and one Friday each month from April through October with additional special events and our popular Track or Treat Halloween and Holiday Santa Trains.
Please see our 2015 Operating Schedule below. Scroll through our 2015 calendar to find ride day dates and to purchase your tickets or click on the Buy Your Tickets icon in the upper right-hand corner of this website.
11:00a 12:15p 1:45p 3:00p
|Fridays 10:00a (Diesel)|
|April 12 (NC Science Festival)||April 24|
|May 10 (National Train Day)||May 22|
|June 14||June 26|
|July 12 (Military Appreciation Day)||July 24|
|August 9||August 28|
|September 13||September 25|
|October 11November 8 - Goldston Depot Day (Excursions Depart Bonsal, NC)|
|Track or Treat
Halloween Trains– October 24 & 31 4:00p, 5:15p, 6;30p, 7:45p – Diesel Only. Extra train added October 31 at 2:30PM.
|Holiday Santa Trains– December 5, 6, 12 & 13
9:30a 11:00a, 12:30p, 2:00p, 3:30p
Planning a trip to ride the Triangle’s Train? You can purchase your tickets in advance through our secure online system. VISA, MasterCard and Discover credit cards are accepted.
|Open Car (Diesel)||$10||$7||$9|
|Open Car (Steam)||$15||$9||$14|
|Ice Cream Social (Diesel)||$14||$12||$13|
|Ice Cream Social (Steam)||$16||$14||$15|
|Halloween (Diesel Only)||$13||$13||$13|
|Santa Open Car (Diesel)||$12||$10||$11|
|Santa Open Car (Steam)||$17||$14||$16|
|Parking is FREE. Museum admission is FREE.|
We offer excursions, rain or shine, on our monthly excursion days. Buy your tickets early as passenger cars can fill up quickly. The on-site railway ticket booth opens approximately one hour before the first scheduled departure to sell tickets.
Important information about Train Rides:
- Please dress appropriately for the weather the day of your ride. The railroad operates open passenger cars, rain or shine.
- Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes before your train’s departure time. Allow ample time to park and board your train
- The excursions take about one hour. There are no bathrooms on the trains, so please plan accordingly. There are bathrooms (porta potties) on the rail yard grounds.
- Limited handicap facilities are available. Please contact us regarding any special needs.
- The staff is an all-volunteer crew trained to operate the equipment in a safe and professional manner. If you have questions concerning the railway or museum, you are encouraged to ask an on-duty volunteer.
- No refunds or rain checks are offered due to inclement weather.
- The railroad reserves the right to substitute equipment or cancel any event or excursion without notice.
- You may call to verify trains are operating before visiting.
- A ticket is not a reservation. Please board as soon as possible. Trains will depart at the scheduled time or earlier if full.
- Special event fare and schedule may vary.