Our 2016 train ride days are typically the second Sunday and last Saturday of each month during the ride season. We also have weekday ride days that are held the fourth Friday of each month April to September and new this year are ride days held the second Wednesday of the month May to September.
See our 2016 Operating Schedule and to purchase tickets, click on the Buy Your Tickets icon in the upper right-hand corner of this website.
|Open Car (Diesel)||$10||$7||$9|
|Open Car (Steam)||$15||$9||$14|
|Ice Cream Social (Diesel only)||$14||$12||$13|
|Halloween (Diesel Only)||$13||$13||$13|
|Santa Open Car (Diesel)||$12||$10||$11|
|Santa Open Car (Steam)||$17||$14||$16|
|Parking is FREE. Museum admission is FREE.|
Planning a trip to ride the Triangle’s Train? You can purchase your tickets in advance through our secure online system. VISA, MasterCard and Discover credit cards are accepted.
We offer excursions, rain or shine, on our monthly excursion days. Buy your tickets early as passenger cars can fill up quickly. The on-site railway ticket booth opens approximately one hour before the first scheduled departure to sell tickets.
We work with partners who join us in the rail yard throughout our ride season. County Line Sweets dessert food truck serves crepes, dessert Belgian waffles, cannolis, tiramisu, cake, brownies and more. Owner Troy Hernandez also operates a hot dog wagon serving a kid’s menu. Bruster’s Real Ice Cream of Apex serves homemade ice cream in a variety of flavors coinciding with themed ride days. Food is not included in the ticket price. Craft breweries, local wineries and musicians join us for Brew ‘n’ Choo events (beer and wine is available at an additional cost).
Important information about Train Rides:
- Please dress appropriately for the weather the day of your ride. The railroad operates open passenger cars, rain or shine.
- Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes before your train’s departure time. Allow ample time to park and board your train
- The excursions take about one hour. There are no bathrooms on the trains, so please plan accordingly. There are bathrooms (porta potties) on the rail yard grounds.
- Limited handicap facilities are available. Please contact us regarding any special needs.
- The staff is an all-volunteer crew trained to operate the equipment in a safe and professional manner. If you have questions concerning the railway or museum, you are encouraged to ask an on-duty volunteer.
- No refunds or rain checks are offered due to inclement weather.
- The railroad reserves the right to substitute equipment or cancel any event or excursion without notice.
- You may call to verify trains are operating before visiting.
- A ticket is not a reservation. Please board as soon as possible. Trains will depart at the scheduled time or earlier if full.
- Special event fare and schedule may vary.