Welcome to TriangleTrain.com
New Hope Valley Railway / North Carolina Railway Museum (NCRM)
The NCRM operates New Hope Valley Railway so that visitors can experience a ride on our historic railroad. Also affectionately known as the “Triangle’s Train”, it travels along 4 miles of historic track through piney woods and over a trestle on an hour-long, round trip from Bonsal to New Hill and back. In addition, on some ride days we also offer food and drinks for sale. Please keep in mind that we are only open to visitors during the times we run trains on scheduled ride days. Steam Locomotive rides are not available at this time.
#302 Fuel Train Caboose has been added to the train. For more information, go to Fuel Train Caboose. To purchase tickets, go to Buy Tickets above and select the ride date and time. The #302 Fuel Train Caboose is a ticketing option for the rides that have it.
Nominate New Hope Valley Railway for the WRAL Voters Choice Awards! https://www.wral.com/…/2023-wral-voters…/21012287/…. Suggested categories are Community/ Education, Non-Profits, Museum and Volunteer Organizations.
Operate a Loco rides are sold out for 2023
Our Track or Treat holiday rides begin on October 14th and run on Saturdays through October 28th. Come see our kid friendly spooky decorations and surprises along the track. There will be a hot dog truck with drinks for sale. Go to the Buy Tickets tab to view the ride schedule and purchase tickets.
We have a Wednesday Weekday Group Ride on November 8th at 10:30. The Group Ride days are a chance to bring a group of riders during the week and get special handling to sit together by early boarding the train as a group. If your group contains 20 or more riders, you may request an offer code to order your tickets as a group with a $1.00 discount per rider. For more information about groups, go to https://www.triangletrain.com/groups-charters/See our complete schedule with dates and times. Go to the Buy Tickets tab to view the ride schedule and purchase tickets. Non-groups are also invited as always.
Read some of our recent media coverage. We appreciate the Triangle’s interest in our trains, events and rail yard!
- August 2023 NRHS News – Article about the Nuclear Fuel Train history and New Hope Valley Railway inaugural trip for the Engineers and Security
- Fuel Train Caboose Simulation Video – Cabooses previously used in spent nuclear fuel rod disposal
- Young at Heart Adventures – Exploring New Hope Valley Railway
- Butch Patrick – Koach to Koast, A visit to New Hope Valley Railway
- Travel and Leisure, 5 Beautiful Train Rides in North Carolina
- Southern Living, Train Rides to take in North Carolina
- Jacobs Rail Expedition, A video of a typical train ride
- Spectrum News, History of Train Travel, Spectrum/guest login required for full access
- Cary Living Magazine Pages 28 & 38 Santa Rides and Save the 10 Nov/Dec 2022
- NRHS (National Railway Historical Society) News, Save the 10 article (30 seconds to load)
- Chatham News & Record, Halloween Express, November 4, 2022
- PBS North Carolina Weekend, May 26, 2022, NHV section starts at 10:40 time marker
- Duke Energy story on Save the 10, May 18, 2022
Like and Follow our social media channels to stay up-to-date on the happenings in our rail yard. Facebook: @TriangleTrain
OAL, Cabooses & Events
The New Hope Valley Railway is the Triangle’s Train, offering excursion rides on vintage equipment at the North Carolina Railway Museum. The North Carolina Railway Museum is a private, educational, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to preserving and sharing North Carolina’s railroad history. The open-air museum features displays of historic railroad equipment and artifacts, a large garden railroad, memorabilia, and a gift shop.
Year the organization was started.
Miles of track for an hour ride out & back.