Welcome to TriangleTrain.com
New Hope Valley Railway / North Carolina Railway Museum (NCRM)
The NCRM operates New Hope Valley Railway so that visitors can experience a ride on our historic railroad. Also affectionately known as the “Triangle’s Train”, it travels along 4 miles of historic track through piney woods and over a trestle on an hour-long, round trip from Bonsal to New Hill and back. In addition, on some ride days we also offer food and drinks for sale. Please keep in mind that we are only open to visitors during the times we run trains on scheduled ride days. Steam Locomotive rides are not available at this time.
A huge thank you to everyone who booked a ticket for this 2023. Your enthusiasm and support have been overwhelming. We hope you will join us for our ANNIVERSARY YEAR in 2024 with special events and rides kicking off our new season beginning on March 20, 2024. Watch for more details here and on our social media pages.
All tickets for our 2024 Anniversary season are now available except Track or Treat and Santa’s Reindeer Roundup Express which will be posted in June or July. Click on Buy Tickets above to see/purchase.
Our first ride of the season, The Wednesday Train Ride, is March 21. The weekday rides are perfect for groups or individuals looking a fun and educational activity during the week. We offer a $1 discount per rider for groups of 12 or more using a special offer code to reveal your discounts. Goto https://www.triangletrain.com/groups-charters/ for more information and click on Buy Tickets above to see all the ride dates and to order tickets.
Join us for our first all caboose train ride, called, the Caboose Hop. There are 5 caboose in the train and each caboose is $150. For more information, click on Buy Tickets and scroll to the Caboose Hop Train Ride.
Mark your calendars for the 40/120 New Hope Valley Railway Anniversary celebration on April 20, and 21. Join us for 2 special ride days with tours of the exhibits by the volunteers who are working on projects. We will focus on the history of the railway with an event timeline and a video of photos from the past. For more information, click here
Read some of our recent media coverage. We appreciate the Triangle’s interest in our trains, events and rail yard!
- – Article about The Most Scenic Trains in North Carolina
- August 2023 NRHS News – Article about the Nuclear Fuel Train history and New Hope Valley Railway inaugural trip for the Engineers and Security
- Fuel Train Caboose Simulation Video – Cabooses previously used in spent nuclear fuel rod disposal
- Young at Heart Adventures – Exploring New Hope Valley Railway
- Butch Patrick – Koach to Koast, A visit to New Hope Valley Railway
- Travel and Leisure, 5 Beautiful Train Rides in North Carolina
- Southern Living, Train Rides to take in North Carolina
- Jacobs Rail Expedition, A video of a typical train ride
- Spectrum News, History of Train Travel, Spectrum/guest login required for full access
- Cary Living Magazine Pages 28 & 38 Santa Rides and Save the 10 Nov/Dec 2022
- NRHS (National Railway Historical Society) News, Save the 10 article (30 seconds to load)
- Chatham News & Record, Halloween Express, November 4, 2022
- PBS North Carolina Weekend, May 26, 2022, NHV section starts at 10:40 time marker
- Duke Energy story on Save the 10, May 18, 2022
Like and Follow our social media channels to stay up-to-date on the happenings in our rail yard. Facebook: @TriangleTrain
OAL, Steam & Social
The New Hope Valley Railway is the Triangle’s Train, offering excursion rides on vintage equipment at the North Carolina Railway Museum. The North Carolina Railway Museum is a private, educational, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to preserving and sharing North Carolina’s railroad history. The open-air museum features displays of historic railroad equipment and artifacts, a large garden railroad, memorabilia, and a gift shop.
Year the organization was started.
Miles of track for an hour ride out & back.