Click Buy Tickets for train departure times and ticket prices. Choose your ride day or month, select a departure time, then Find Tickets. Purchase online, over the phone, and available remaining tickets on the day of event via walk-up at the ticket office.
We are 100% staffed by volunteers, so while we do not have daily train rides, we do our best to provide multiple events from April to December where you can plan ahead with tickets online to start a memorable experience on the days listed below. You can also visit our location and tour the yard, facilities, and equipment almost any weekend or Wednesday when our volunteers are working.
Groups, such as schools and senior centers, prefer our weekday rides held once a month on the second Wednesday & fourth Friday. For special occasions, see our Party Caboose and Parties & More section.
Our No. 17 1941 Vulcan Iron Works steam locomotive is undergoing required boiler evaluation and re-certification process to maintain compliance with the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA). This means it is currently not operating while disassembly, evaluation, repairs and reassembly are in progress. In the meantime the trains running on our tracks will be pulled by our fleet of diesel-electric locomotives – four open-air passenger cars and a caboose – for a memorable experience our customers have enjoyed for more than 30 years.
Weekend Saturday or Sunday operating days remaining in 2019:
- May 18 – Brew ‘n’ Choo (to benefit the 1640 Diesel locomotive mechanical restoration) Featuring Mels Many Minis and Fortnight Brewery
- June 9 – Slow Down Sunday
- June 29 – Brew ‘n’ Choo (to benefit the Construction of Restrooms) planned – The Spiedie Turtle food truck and White Street Brewing
- July 14 – Slow Down Sunday
- July 27 – Brew ‘n’ Choo (to benefit No. 17 Steam Locomotive) planned – Bombshell Brewery, The Humble Pig & Jam Ice Cream
- August 11 – Slow Down Sunday
- August 31 – Brew ‘n’ Choo (to benefit the 1640 Diesel locomotive electric and control restoration) planned – Chick N Que and Fortnight Brewery
- September 8 – Slow Down Sunday
- September 28 – Brew ‘n’ Chew (to benefit the Goldston Depot) planned – Get Buffaloed and Fortnight Brewery
- October 12 – Track or Treat: Halloween Express
- October 19 – Track or Treat: Halloween Express
- October 26 – Track or Treat: Halloween Express
- November 10 – Slow Down Sunday
- December 7 – Santa’s Reindeer Roundup Express
- December 8 – Santa’s Reindeer Roundup Express
- December 14 – Santa’s Reindeer Roundup Express
- December 15 – Santa’s Reindeer Roundup Express
Note: The benefits of Brew ‘n’ Choo sales (minus operation expenses) are directed towards the listed project. Any additional donations would be greatly welcomed!
Weekday ride days: Wednesdays or Fridays at 10:30 a.m. – please check dates carefully.
Important information about Train Rides:
- Please dress appropriately for the weather the day of your ride. The railway operates open passenger cars, rain -or- shine.
- Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes before your train’s departure time. Allow ample time to park and board your train. Trains do not wait for late passengers and you are not guaranteed a seat on any train if you miss your departure time.
- The excursions take about one hour. There are no bathrooms on the trains, so please plan accordingly. There are bathrooms (porta potties) on the rail yard grounds.
- Limited handicap facilities are available. Please contact us regarding any special needs.
- The staff is an all-volunteer crew trained to operate the equipment in a safe and professional manner. If you have questions concerning the railway or museum, you are encouraged to ask an on-duty volunteer.
- No refunds or rain checks are offered due to inclement weather.
- The railroad reserves the right to substitute equipment or cancel any event or excursion without notice.
- You may call to verify trains are operating before visiting.
- Please come to the ticket office on the ride day. If you paid online, we still need to check you in. You may also pay online and we will print your tickets at the ticket office or you may purchase your tickets at the ticket office the day of the ride. Boarding is first come, first serve so please board as soon as possible. Trains will depart at the scheduled time or earlier, if full.
- Special event fare and schedule may vary.