Click Buy Tickets for train departure times and ticket prices. Choose your ride day or month, select a departure time, then Find Tickets. Purchase online, over the phone, and available remaining tickets on the day of event via walk-up at the ticket office.
Please read the important ride info in the Plan your visit page to make your trip comfortable and memorable.
The museum and trains are 100% operated and maintained by volunteers, passionate to preserve and share railroad history. Currently, our No. 17 steam locomotive is undergoing regularly scheduled repairs to maintain safety and compliance, in the meantime all trains are pulled by one of vintage diesel-electric locomotives – four open-air passenger cars and a caboose. Please check our Facebook or Home page for any last minute scheduling changes. The railroad reserves the right to substitute equipment or cancel any event or excursion without notice. No refunds or rain checks are offered due to inclement weather. Special event fare and schedule may vary.
All NCRM and NHV public events prior to July 18 are cancelled to comply with N.C. safety orders and recommendations.
Remaining Scheduled Operating days in 2020: (operations still may be revised as necessary for safety requirements)
- Cancelled – Train Ride – July 17
- Train Ride – July 25 (Sat 1pm, 2:30, 4, 5:30) (NO Brew-N-Choo)
- Slow Down Sunday – August 9 (1pm, 2:30, 4)
- Train Ride – August 12 (Wed 10:30a)
- Train Ride – August 21 (Fri 10:30a)
- Brew N Choo – August 29 (Sat 1pm, 2:30, 4, 5:30)
- Slow Down Sunday – Sept 6 (1pm, 2:30, 4)
- Train Ride – Sept 9 (Wed 10:30a)
- Train Ride – Sept 18 (Fri 10:30a)
- Brew N Choo – Sept 26 (Sat 1pm, 2:30, 4, 5:30)
- Track or Treat Halloween Express – Oct 10, 17, 24
- Train Ride – Nov 11 (Wed 10:30a)
- Slow Down Sunday – Nov 15 (1pm, 2:30, 4)
- Train Ride – Nov 20 (Fri 10:30a)
- Santa’s Reindeer Roundup Express – Dec 5, 6, 12, 13, 19
Note: The benefits of Brew ‘n’ Choo sales (minus operation expenses) are directed towards the listed project. Any additional donations would be greatly welcomed! The North Carolina Railway Museum, Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, operating the New Hope Valley Railway.