Families, groups and organizations are invited to the North Carolina Railway Museum to take a relaxing and scenic one hour train ride and enjoy the natural beauty along the New Hope Valley Railway as part of a group or by chartering a train. A $1 per ticket discount is available for groups over 20 people. To qualify for the group discount:
– Select a weekday ride. There are no discounts for weekend rides.
– Contact us using Email email@example.com to describe the group headcount, special needs and the weekday ride preferred to get an Offer Code to access the discounted tickets.
– Assign one person to make a one-time ticket purchase for all the group riders and be the point of contact. Additional tickets may be purchased at the normal price, assuming the ride is not sold out.
– Add the group name in the Company / Group box on the order checkout payment page. This will help us be better organized on group ride day.
Best efforts via early group boarding will be made for the group to sit together on the ride. We can handle up to approximately 60 people per train car and smaller groups may need share a passenger car with other riders if the train is full.
Please arrive at least 45 minutes prior to departure time to so you can board as a group. Please note that we do not have reserved seating. We recommend that everyone in your group be ready to early board the train no less than 30 min before departure. At 15 min before departure, we open the train for everyone else to board and seating becomes first come first serve. Early boarding is only provided to groups that have contacted us in advance.
Charters are available for larger groups interested in renting out an entire train for themselves. Charters can be scheduled during a ride day or on a preferred date with sufficient notice. Our train has seating for approximately 250 people on 4 train cars. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about dates, pricing and other details to charter our train.
Some examples of associations that ride the train as groups and/or charters are:
- Summer Camps
- Day care
- Schools – our rides can serve as an educational experience.
- Home school groups
- Senior centers
- Alumni Associations
- Tour groups
Food and beverage for weekday group train ride days is typically limited to bottled water and crackers for sale in the Gift Shop. Feel free to bring food to eat on picnic tables located near the Gscale model railway or on the infield near the loading area. Food and drinks are also permitted on the train. Contact us if you have something special in mind.
Please email email@example.com for all group ride and charter ride questions and inquiries. Someone will typically reply within two business days, but please be patient and courteous with our all volunteer staff.