JOIN US …
Celebrating 60 Years
Preserving and Sharing North Carolina Railroad History
BECOME PART of this important milestone!
In 2023 and 2024, the North Carolina Railway Museum, Inc. (NCRM) is celebrating many anniversaries beginning with 2023 being the 60th anniversary of our founding as the East Carolina Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society, and 40th anniversary when the Museum’s equipment was moved from Farmville to Bonsal, North Carolina. Beyond that celebration, 2024 celebrates 120-years since Roscoe Bonsal began our predecessor – the New Hope Valley Railroad, and 40-years since the “First Ride” was offered to the public in our current location in New Hill, NC.
As a Corporate/Business Sponsor, you can participate with us in educating current and future generations in the exciting science, technology behind the development of America’s railroads while preserving the heritage of railroading, its connection to and social impacts on the land, people, and industries of North Carolina and our nation by supporting our Core Values:
Restore – rebuilding and presenting to our visitors and communities historic railroading equipment in working condition in all its original power, glory, and pride.
Preserve – bringing awareness and understanding of the heritage of railroading and its impact on our culture and society with an emphasis of a more sustainable tomorrow for all.
Engage – enriching the lives of our visitors, members, and community through our full-scale, live demonstration of railroading with all its excitement, knowledge, and skills.
Please JOIN us ……. WE NEED YOU!
Your 100% tax deductible support and sponsorship during our 60th Anniversary’s Fundraising Campaign is more vital than ever!!
“Benefactor of NC Railroad History” Sponsor – $15,000 and Greater
“Sustainer of NC Railroad History” Sponsor – $10,000 to $14,999
“Partner of NC Railroad History” Sponsor – $5,000 to 9,999
“Friend of NC Railroad History” Sponsor – $2,000 to $4,999
Additional Benefits and Recognition during our 40/120 celebration in 2024
for Sponsorship at any level who commit in 2023
YOUR SPONSORSHIP SUPPORTS THE MUSEUM’S DEVELOPMENT,CURATION AND PRESENTATION OF RAILWAY HISTORY, EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS, AND PRESERVATION AND RESTORATION PROJECTS INCLUDING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING ON-GOING PROJECTS (among many others):
- Preservation and restoration of our 1916 Pullman Atlantic Coast Line Baggage – Express car #704 (#1665 current configuration) where we will display a rare collection of dining car and other railroad memorabilia as well as more railroad history to view (Estimated Cost: $200K).
- Completion of its 15-year rebuild of our 1941 Vulcan Ironworks Steam Locomotive #17 in 2024 bringing steam power back to our trains (Estimated Cost: $150K).
- Restoration and renovation of the 1884 Goldston Freight Depot by providing public accessibility, a passenger platform (deck), fire protection and lighting to finish our interior interactive exhibit space (Estimated Cost: $125K).
- Installation of security fencing around many of our historic railroad pieces in our Maintenance of Way Yard (Estimated Cost: $65K).
- Renovation of our ever-popular 1922 Southern Railway Post Office (RPO) and Baggage car with a much-needed fresh coat of paint and lettering (Estimated Cost: $15K).
To learn about the benefits for each Sponsorship level, please click here to download our 2023 Sponsorship Packet.
For more information on our Sponsorship opportunities, please contact us at [email protected]
Thanks for joining our efforts to preserve NC railroad history!!!